We hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and wish everyone a happy and healthy 2022!
With regard to Saturday afternoon teas, the time has come to revert to a full rota of club members for the long-held club tradition of having an afternoon tea after mixed doubles tennis.
Tea, coffee & sugar are provided by the club, it is just cakes & milk that needs to be provided.
With a full rota of club members undertaking this, the aim is to only do this once a year at most.
The new tea rota for January to April begins on Saturday 8th January and may be found via this link:
For clarity and In order to ensure continuity, the responsibilities for the two people doing teas are:
- Make or bring cake or similar for 12-16 people.
- Bring fresh milk for tea, coffee for those people.
- Make a note of how much you’ve spent.
- Make tea for everyone, aiming to serve between 3:30 & 4pm.
- Collect 50p from everyone who has tea & cake.
- When finished, clear up, put everything in dishwasher; if full turn on.
- Take your expenses (3) out of money collected (5) and put remainder in one of the brown cash envelopes, seal & slide under bar door.
- If last to leave, turn all lights off, lock clubhouse, lock gates.
- Remind the person doing teas the following Saturday: don’t break the chain!
Happy New Year everyone!