Hi everyone, just the weekend to go before we’re back on court!
I hope that like me, you have spent the lockdown months wisely. Along with New Years’ resolutions, it has been a fantastic opportunity to really get in shape. Cutting out the beer and other empty carbs has been extremely difficult but as any true elite athlete knows, discipline and hard work is well worth it in the long run!
We now just have the weekend to work on our core, fine tune those abs and get into the worryingly small tennis gear we all got for Christmas. But I know that with one final push, you’ll make it, just like me!
I’m so looking forward to us all getting back on court; good luck everyone!
Now the REALLY important stuff
Please be aware that all existing Covid-19 protocols that the Club put in place must continue to be adhered to; in summary these are:
- On arrival at the Club all members must either scan the QR code in the Clubhouse window or sign the ‘register’ on the table just inside the clubhouse.
- The Clubhouse is open for access to floodlights and use of toilets only; please ensure you wipe everything after use with the anti-bacterial wipes provided.
- We recommend wearing a glove on your non-serving hand, preferably both.
- If you choose not to wear gloves, please use the hand sanitiser provided at the entrances to courts 1 & 4 before play and immediately after finishing.
- Players should avoid using their hands to pick up tennis balls from other courts where possible – use your racquet/foot to return them.
- On court, please keep bags etc. separate and change ends at opposite sides of the net. As doubles from different households is allowed, please keep as far apart from your playing partner as is practicable.